Friday, January 8, 2010

The New Year

Just look at that date above the title-2010 is here! Rang in with lots of cold weather and snow!! I think this week was the coldest of the winter! Sub-Zero Temperatures, we've had the fireplace going strong!!
Our family had a great holiday season-Christmas turned out to be better that we expected!
And this New Year's we were all in bed by 4:00 A.M. (Dad was glad-We did better than last year!
I've included some snapshots of our family Christmas! Enjoy!
Here's to more blogging in 2010!

Our parents and grandparents got us an amazing telescope!



My gift to Eric was cleverly disguised under
(okay, get ready!) wrapping paper, a brown paper sack,
box, under a bag of rocks (a decoy!) more wrapping paper,
a plastic sack, and finally inside an envelope, his present-guitar picks!
(They looked puny in the little bag-It needed some excitement!)



Susanna in her new kitty outfit!


Mom got a roaster pan!


Watch Out! Dad got a reciprocating saw (whatever that is!)


Caroline and I playing a Christmas duet!


Our stupendous Christmas dessert!
A Taste of Home exclusive!
"Layered Turtle Cheesecake"
Indescribable goodness! (Is your mouth watering?)

4 comments:

  1. CUTE blog layout!! It's really adorable!! I truly do need to redo our family blog- you inspire me Elizabeth! :)
    Unfortunately--- I can't see any of the pictures!! But my mouth is watering at simply the description of that cheesecake----mmmmmm!!!
    Love,
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear-I've been having that problem before....I think it's because of the way I am uploading them-Sorry!
    Just keep thinking of how delicious that cheesecake sounds while I make some "technical changes"!!!!
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-- the pictures are great!!
    BTW....your picture on the side is absolutely stunning Elizabeth!!! Such a radiant smile!
    It was HARD to choose a new layout for our blog!! I had 4 helpers-- two boys and two girls and we ALL had to agree on it. When one doesn't like stripes, one doesn't like polka-dots and one doesn't like ribbon or pink-- that narrows your choices!! :) But it was still difficult for us all to agree!! :0
    Love ya!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 4 AM? That's pretty late (or early :) ) compared to our family! We were in bed at 12:30 AM!

    I LOVE cheesecake! That one sounds delicious. You'll have to post the recipe sometime. Mmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete